The Moroccan Economy in Brief: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
1. AMCI participates in the work of the 2018 South-South World Exposition for Development: "The Ambassador Director General of the Moroccan Agency for International Cooperation (AMCI), Mohamed Methqal, chaired, from November 28 to 30, 2018, the Moroccan Delegation taking part in the work of the 2018 Global South-South Development Expo 2018, in preparation for the second UN High Level Conference on South-South Cooperation, to be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina in March 2019.
2. A national draw to encourage card payment: "Pay by credit card and you can win prizes. The Centre Monétique Interbancaire (CMI) has just launched a national operation to promote payment by credit card with cars, smartphones, tablets, TV sets and coffee makers to be won. The operation, which runs from December 1 to January 31, 2019, aims to develop electronic payments and dematerialize commercial transactions."
3. The World Bank doubles its climate finance to $200 billion, not enough according to the UN: "Just after the opening of COP 24, which runs until December 14 in Katowice, Poland, the World Bank announced that the $200 billion in climate change financing between 2021 and 2025 will be split into two parts: half from its own funds while the rest will be divided between one-third direct funds from two agencies within the World Bank Group (WB) and two-thirds from private funds," explained John Roome, the Bank's climate officer at AFP. The World Bank is therefore doubling its climate envelope."
4. Inwi rewards the 5 best volunteer actions of the year: "The fifteen finalists of the Dir iddik Summit National Volunteer Competition in Inwi met on December 2 at the Studio des Arts Vivants in Casablanca to celebrate the volunteers and associations that have worked in the field of volunteerism. Indeed, this day brought together more than 500 volunteers and associative actors from all regions of the country in a space of exchange, debate and mutual learning."
5. TEDxCasablanca: About ten Moroccan speakers will host the 5th edition: "The fifth edition of "TEDxCasablanca", which took place at Mohammed VI University of Health Sciences in the presence of hundreds of enthusiasts seeking new ideas, is organized on a voluntary basis as part of the TEDx program, under the free license of "TED Conferences", independently of the official TED conferences. Thus, the "TEDxCasablanca" scene welcomed eminent speakers, invited to speak on the theme "Rediscover", in other words rediscover the world, its materiality or its allegorical side in the company of those who do it."